Pages



Monday 19 January 2015

Make-up Monday: A Review of Jaclyn Hill's Gems from Gerard Cosmetics


I recently treated myself to Jaclyn's Gems a set from Gerard Cosmetics consisting of two lipsticks and two glosses created by one of my favourite youtubers Jaclyn Hill.


I have to say one of my favourite things about these products is the packaging. I just love the gold casing on the lipsticks and my favourite feature of the glosses is the built in mirror and lights....How cool is that? 



The lipsticks in this set are '1995' and 'Buttercup'.
1995 is described as a neutral inspired by the 1990's grunge era and I have to say I love this colour. Funnily enough it really reminds me of my favourite lipstick from the 1990's which was Rimmel's Heather Shimmer....I don't even know if that is still available, but I had forgotten how much I like these type of colours. It is a matte colour so I do like to use my L'occitane lip balm underneath as otherwise my lips get very dry.


Buttercup is the other lipstick and the reason I bought this set. This is definitely my style for an everyday nude lipstick, it is a pink nude and very creamy so really easy to apply and a very flattering colour.
The glosses in the set are 'RoseHill' and 'Buttercream'. These are both very pigmented and super glossy but not sticky. Both are lovely colours and can be used over the lipsticks or on their own.

Well done to Jaclyn, I am very impressed with the colours and quality of these lip products and would definitely purchase more in the range.



xxxx
Karen

No comments :

Post a Comment