Pages



Friday 4 December 2015

Blogmas Day 3 - Visiting Santa

Ok so it's only day 3 and I have already failed! Day 3's post was planned but I actually fell asleep on the couch last night before I got to write it!
I'm going to go ahead and post it anyway and still post today's one tonight....awakeness permitting!!!

So one of the BIG things to do at Christmas is to visit Santa and that's what we did yesterday, this year we decided to go to fotawish! We hadn't been before (it was fota Imagine last year and Believe the year before) and it was something I definitely wanted to go and experience.


Unfortunately we had booked to go on the day that Cork decided to have the WORST traffic situation it has ever had. We were travelling from the west to the FOTA island resort and a journey that would normally take 30 mins took almost 2 hours!!!! We were one hour late for our reservation which I was so stressed about but I have to say the staff were so nice and understanding and it didn't take away from the experience at all! 

Once we were there it all went so well, the kids just loved it, I would definitely recommend going at night as the woods are lit up beautifully (I felt like I was back at Disneyland). 


We went on a train ride, met Santa Clause and Mrs Clause (Miss 5 was so excited to meet her as she is playing her in her school play), and had some hot chocolate. 

Santa was so nice and I love the family photo we got taken with him in his log cabin! 



I'm not sure if it is still possible to book as we booked ours back in September but if you can I'd highly recommend it, such a lovely family Christmas experience

Karen
xxxx

No comments :

Post a Comment