Pages



Sunday 1 March 2015

Birthday Cake and Tutus




It was Miss 7's Birthday this week and I thought I'd share her cake and outfit.

Her cake was semi-homemade (by myself). I decided to go for a Giant Chocolate Cupcake and it turned out to be surprisingly easy. I cheated a bit and used a Betty Crocker cake mix. I bought two boxes of the "Devil's Food Cupcake Mix" but that wasn't enough and I had to run to the shop mid bake to buy a 3rd box, the Giant Cupcake tin was bigger than I thought!!! This mix only takes 15/16 minutes if you are making regular cupcakes but it took 50 mins to bake in the giant tin.
Once cooled I trimmed the tops so they would fit together well and sandwiched together with chocolate buttercream.
I then tried to pipe roses using the ribbon nozzle in my icing kit but it wasn't turning out like the cake I saw on Pinterest (did I really think it would???) so I ad-libbed and changed nozzle and just did my own unique design. I added some Maltesers, Dr Oetker's white chocolate hearts and some 100's and 1000's and I have to say I was very happy with the finished look.

The morning of her birthday I had her cake on the table with the candles lighting and presents and cards piled up waiting to be opened.

Her outfit for her party was a tutu dress she picked herself. She loved the colour (a dusky "ornate" pink). I decided to team this with baby blue and picked up the cardigan and shoes in H&M. It looked stunning and Miss 7 was very happy which was the most important thing.

Karen
xxxx

No comments :

Post a Comment