Pages



Friday 24 April 2015

A Day in London

Last Saturday I went to London for the day, I went with my Mom and we got the first flight over (6.30am) and the last flight back (8.30pm). This actually gives you a decent amount of time in London. We flew to Stansted and got the Stansted Express train in to Liverpool Street which takes about 45 minutes and cost £24. This got us into London city centre for 9am and we didn't have to leave again until 5pm, we actually could have left later but we decided to get to the airport early so we could relax, have a meal and a glass of wine or two. Here are a few pics from my flying visit....


Flying essentials...a mag (I actually got to read it!!!....flying without kids is like a day in the spa) . I don't actually like flying, I don't let it stop me travelling but everytime I step on a plane I think to myself why am I doing this??????. I always have some Bach's Rescue remedy especially when it's too early for a drink, I don't know if it actually works or if it's a placebo effect but I do feel calmer after a few sprays.


It was great day for flying, lovely and sunny (above the clouds). I have to say we got a really cheap fare with Ryanair and with no accommodation costs it was a really inexpensive trip.


Starbucks for breakfast.....caffeine was required after such an early start.



I just LOVE Covent Garden...there is always such an amazing buzz around there and with the weather being so good everyone was out on the streets having a few drinks and enjoying the sunshine.



Obviously I had to pop into the Disney store and look what I spotted....Cinderella's Wedding Dress....such a beautiful dress up dress with a not so beautiful price tag. I loved the Cinderella movie so much, it was so romantic and the costumes were amazing!!


How have I not eaten here before????? We had dinner in Stansted airport which has a good choice of eateries but we liked the look of the Giraffe menu so decided to give it a go and WOW what I had was a taste sensation.....


This was my grilled spiced prawns & chicken breast, mixed leaves, cucumber, radish, green onion, avocado, mango and chopped brazil nuts with tequila lime dressing salad.............so yum! My mouth is watering writing this....I'll have to book another flight to go back....

Karen
xxxx

No comments :

Post a Comment